Saturday, December 06, 2008

Emily Speaks

Emily has been singing a lot lately. She's got several songs that she sings over and over:

"Rock a baby on the tree top. Wind blows, the baby falls. Again."
"Ring around the rosie. Dizzy, dizzy, we all fall down!"
"Jingle bells, jingle all the way. Oh what fun (jumbled words). Again."
And then there's this song that she and Daddy made up on the way home from grocery shopping together:
"Let's go home and see Momma. I love you! I love you! And kisses too. And hugs." Sometimes she'll plug in someone else's name in.

She'll sing the ABCs, too, but usually only to the show Signing Times.

Emily loves to play tag. She'll run up to us and tag us and yell, "TAG!" and then run away.

She loves playing hide and seek, too. She will start counting with her hands over her eyes, usually counting to seven (not sure why she picks seven) and then say, "Ready or not, here I come!"

Her new favorite phrase is "What's the big idea?" I have no idea where she picked this up. The other day I was doing dishes and she asked me what I was doing and I told her, and she said, "What's the big idea?"

She'll shut herself in the pantry and say, "Knock, knock!" and she'll say that until someone says, "Who's there?" Then she'll say, "Banana!" So we say, "Banana who?" She knows that there's a punchline to the joke, but I don't think she knows how to say it, so it's just jumbled up words. And then we laugh at her joke.

Yesterday Emily was eating hotdog sticks for lunch. She stood up on an overturned laundry basket, held up one of the hotdog sticks and said, "I'm a pirate. This is my sword!"

This morning she came up to me and asked where Buzz was. I said, "Buzz who?" and she said, "Buzz Lightyear! I need to show him my shirt."

3 comments:

Arwen said...

Aww! She is too cute!!

Terri said...

hat is so cute! I love to hear all the things they come up with. Cohen's favorite is "what's that noise? and where did that come from?"

Jay said...

Aren't little people so cute! Good for you for writing Emily's cute sayings down. We always think we'll remember them, but then...time happens.