Friday, December 19, 2008

Avery's Bear and Emily's Gingerbread House

Avery is ONE MONTH OLD!!! I cannot believe a month has gone by. It really doesn't seem like it. Her cord fell off about two weeks ago, but there was a tiny scab left behind that actually fell off yesterday.

My scar is healing great, in spite of a small infection that cleared up quickly with antibiotics. I've been cleared to lift now. I can lift Emily again. I'm able to give her a proper hug now!
Avery is a sweet baby. She cries a lot, so this sweetness is hard to see, but I see it. She tries very hard to smile, and has given a real smile two or three times now. Her eyes light up when you talk to her and you can tell she wants to talk back really badly. I imagine she'll be a big talker like Emily is. Lovely.

Emily and her daddy put together a gingerbread house the other day. She was very excited to put the candy on.


Although it looks like she's contemplating taking a taste, she had already snuck a taste just before I took the picture. She said it was good, but when I tasted it, it tasted yucky. Like glue with some sugar added. And the candy wasn't so great either. But it turned out cute and Emily is very proud of it!

No comments: