Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow

I opened the back door to let the cat outside and I saw that it had snowed! Isn't it amazing what a blanket of pure white snow can do to the junk in your back yard? Snow makes everything pretty. Snow makes everything peaceful and quiet. I took Emily outside to check out the snow and I spoke to her in a hushed voice. I didn't want to interrupt the reverence that the white dust had created.
See, even our trash bins look pretty. We were outside for about three minutes when Emily decided that she had had enough of the cold. Maybe if we had a huge hill with lots of snow she would like it better!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily,
I love your hat!

Anonymous said...

Emily needs mittens! I think snow is great when you view it through a window while sitting in a nice, cozy, warm room. Looks like Emily might agree with me. Brings back memories of Cedarville...brrrrrrrrr

Anonymous said...

awe, she looks so cute in her snow gear!

Anonymous said...

Why isn't she wearing socks on her hands? That's what our parents did to keep our hands warm.
Cute pictures! I wish I had pictures of our dog Lola this morning. It was her first time to get to play in the snow. She ran and ran until she discovered ice does not let you stop. I think her head will heal. The dent in the grill will have to be fixed though.

Charlotta-love said...

Chrissy...love the pics. Does Emily know what you look like though since you always have the camera in front of you? :o)
...actually, I wish I had a camera...

Anonymous said...

Well, a big hill is nice but a dirt pile will sometimes do in a pinch. Ah, the memories...

Kelly said...

How adorable!!!! I love the pics. You have a great camera, girlie! I need you to come take pics of corgan.

Yours truly said...

We just got ice, not that exciting to show to JT. Instead, we stayed inside and I gave him an ice cube.

Jason said...

It's a good thing you took pictures as it is the next day and there is no more snow left.... Ahhh the beauty of living in Texas.