Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Valentine's Day Memories, Vol. I

Valentine's Day was a big day for me when I was little. It was fun going with Mom to pick out the Valentine's cards I'd give to my classmates. I remember signing each card, trying hard not to make it too obvious that I liked a particular boy. I'd usually end up giving him the ugliest card to throw him off.

The class would exchange cards and have a party with punch and cookies and cupcakes. I don't remember anyone ever not getting the same amount of cards as everyone else. There were many times I wanted to leave someone off my list. There was the girl that stole my flip-flops and that boy that picked his nose with his thumb. But, I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I had left someone off the list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, yes! The memories of filling out the Valentines Day cards! I left a couple people off my list and didn't lose any sleep. I wouldn't give a card to the girl who peed in her bed and wouldn't change her Wal-Mart panties and I also wouldn't give a card to Dan Russ, the future psycho-ward inmate. Oh, and those cupcakes! Yellow cake with white frosting, colored sprinkles and a SweetTart on top. Dang it! There goes my diet.