Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Family Day Out


Yesterday we went to Southlake Town Square and walked around. We had lunch at the Cheescake Factory. It was such a nice day that we ate outside! Emily loved being outside.

I thought it'd be a fun learning experience to take some pictures of the cow sculptures around the square. I took a couple of pictures and then in the distance I saw these two ladies with cameras similar to mine, except they had freakin' huge lenses. I was like, "Wow, look at those freakin' huge lenses!" We began walking towards them and I quickly hid my camera in the stroller. I didn't want them giggling at my tiny camera. We approached them and Rob made mention that I was embarrassed and had hid my camera from them. So, of course I say, "Wow, your lenses are huge!" They laugh and tell me my camera is nice. It turned out that Rob knew one of the ladies and she has invited me along on some of their photography outings. I am very excited. The go to the zoo and parks and places like that. I hope she calls...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I hope you can get together with them. I bet they can show you all kinds of tricks. It's way easier to be shown than to have to read the instructions. My camera is still taking fuzzy pictures and I tried to find out why by reading the instruction book....frustrating.

Charlotta-love said...

One of my old cameras (one that you actually had to focus manually) always came out with fuzzy pictures too. The pictures cleared up around the time I got glasses although I don't know if there is a correlation. :o)