One thing that scares me about Emily turning three is she's building memories that she'll remember the rest of her life. I remember when I was three. I remember our chinchilla and how soft he was and the cage that he lived in. I remember walking on the sidewalk on a summer day in the town we moved away from when I was three. I also remember dropping my Weeble Wobble in light yellow paint and getting in trouble. I remember my dad running over my Trike Bike with the car because I left it in the driveway. I remember dancing with Walt at the Christmas party and pretending to fall down just so he'd help me stand back up.
Is Emily going to remember the things I say to her or things I do or don't do when she's three? Am I doing/saying enough so that when she's thirty-something and she's blogging about her kid turning three and she's remembering when she was three, she remembers the good stuff?
Wha? Huh?
What'd I just say?
Or will her memories be of my failed attempts at giving her the evil eye and sending her to her room for screaming? Will she remember how frustrated I've been with her potty training? Will she remember that I spend a lot of my day in my PJs? Or that sometimes I don't leave the house for days?
3 comments:
First of all, my comment moderation word is vagoses. sounds itchy
second of all, it's very hard to screw up a three year old, so I'm sure you are doing a fine job of raising a healthy little girl. worry when she is 5 or 6.
that said, i'm constantly afraid that today will be the day that jake starts to go insane and hate his mother
Trust me as they get older they find better things to hate us for. LOL . But really you are doing great.
Aww Chrissy you are a great mom. Don't worry so much about it.
Post a Comment