Friday, September 26, 2008

Belly

This hurts my eyes. It's blurry. I'm going to have to re-do my belly shots for this week. But here it is:
So the first shot is out of focus, and the second is out of frame. I need help.
You can still see my mush marks from sleeping on my right side. I slept on my right side too long and now I'm crippled. Invalid, I tell ya! The moaning, the groaning, the stuggling to get up. It's like I'm a turtle that got turned over on his back. Arms flail, legs kick. It's ugly. And kinda funny. I'm supposed to sleep on my left side for my blood pressure and to give the baby better circulation or something like that, but I always end up on my right side. I think because Avery is camped out on the right side and it's just more comfortable for me on my right side with a pillow under my belly for support. Emily preferred that side, too. I'm curious, is my liver that comfortable?

This pregnancy has been interesting. Different in a lot of ways, and the same in a couple. The head in the ribs and the feet in the...southern region...is getting on my nerves. The stomach muscles right below my sternum feel as though they're all stretched out. I tried laying upside down to get her to turn, and she did and I was comfortable for about ten minutes, but she turned right back over. Emily was the same way, upside down, sideways. Ugh and UGH! Oh, and the kicks and punches to the kidneys, not so fun.

Avery had the hiccups last night! It was funny. I was wondering why was she kicking in such a rhythmic way, and then I remembered that they get hiccups in there. That means they're growing! Anyway, it was cute at first, then after about an hour, I was like, "Boo! Did I scare ya? Are your hiccups gone? No? Well, poo." Then I rocked her and she fell asleep and the hiccups stopped.

I'm measuring three weeks behind, which is no concern since my babies are apparently small and tend to hug my spine. And it's kind of fun to watch people's reactions to me saying, "I'm seven months along," and then they're eyes get big and they say, "No way! You're tiny! No fair!"

No comments: