Avery Joy!
I've been going through Emily's old clothes (SUPER FUN!!!) and I'm just so excited for Avery to get here! Emily would see the baby clothes and say, "Cute! Aww! Avery!" I got the bottles and other feeding stuff out and Emily said, "Avery bottle!" So, her name is being used often now and I think we all feel it's a name that just fits.
Avery kicks a lot and moves a lot. I'm scared. Will she be like this outside? Eek! I can only imagine, especially with how Emily is now. Avery doesn't like it when I wear jeans and try to sit at the computer. Apparently my jeans are too small. She's already winning battles.
I'm just so excited to be having another girl. Not that I wouldn't have been thrilled to have a boy, though. Either way, I would be happy, but talking about "the girls" and their room and matching outfits warms my heart. Something else that warms my heart is when Emily is sitting next to me and she puts her hand on my tummy and Avery kicks or moves, maybe not so much that Emily feels, but I do and it's like they already have a bond. *sigh* I melt.
In other news, we've been working with Emily and her counting. When she counts, it's like this: "Two, by (five), two, by, two!" The other day mom, Emily and I were driving home from the store (most likely Walmart) and I was counting with Emily and she was repeating each number. Then we got to ten and she said ten, and then she started counting backwards! She got to seven and then counted up to eleven! I almost wrecked the car! She hasn't done it since, but I was absolutely amazed, especially since I rarely count past ten with her.
She's also learning the days of the week. The show Signing Time has a song for the days of the week and Emily can recite Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and then it starts over at Sunday. Sometimes she says them backwards, which freaks me out. She can say the other days if I say them first.
Oh, funny story (I seem to have lots of these lately). Yesterday I was cleaning the kitchen and Emily came in and put her foot on the wall and said, "I can't climb! Climb up there?" and she pointed to the ceiling. "Uh, no, you can't climb the walls, as much as you'd like to, silly girl." She sighed and walked away. All I can do is shake my head...
3 comments:
Seeing "Avery Joy" in print looks sooooo cute! I really do like her name. Oh, and you forgot to post a picture of Emily...
Avery Joy sounds so cute. ...and normal. My coworker wanted to name a daughter Avery because his last name is Day. Avery Day...I don't think so.
LOVE it! I love that name. I knew you guys would choose a super cute one since Emily is such an awesome name! Reading your blog makes me so excited for you and your two girls! :)
Post a Comment