Friday, November 17, 2006

I Love Being a Mom!

Emily went to bed at 11:00 last night. She didn't go down quietly, either. She's been feeling a little under the weather this past week and at the same time, getting used to sleeping in her own bed. That's a lot for a little body to deal with at once. She'll usually start out in the crib but end up on the futon with me. I tend to get more sleep that way.

Anyway, she slept until almost 5:00. I layed down with her on the futon and nursed her and she went back to sleep, and so did I. She slept until 7:30 and I nursed her again and she woke up at 9:45! I probably checked on her so many times to make sure she was breathing, because she'll usually be up and ready to play at 5:00.

Finally, after I checked in on her on about the fiftieth time, I heard this little "coo" coming from her room. I cannot tell you how excited I was that she was awake! I skipped to her room and found her sitting up all puffy-eyed and grinning. I felt such joy and love at that moment. Gone was the frustration of dealing with a fussy, clingy baby all week and the sleepless nights. All I could think about is I love being a mom.


Here she is being a fussy butt.

She woke with a grin and a two-pound diaper on.



No comments: