Emily starts preschool on Thursday this week. I'm excited! I'm so ready to send her to school so she can make friends and learn things that I don't know how to teach, like why "food" and "good" don't sound the same.
But I'm also nervous. Not nervous for me, but for her. And her teachers. And anyone in her tantrum radius. She's been a bit out of control lately and I don't know if it's the diabetes or if it's just Emily being Emily.
We went to "Meet the Teacher" night on Wednesday. I already love the school, the teachers, and the director! They are incredibly accomodating to our situation with the diabetes and very willing to do anything they can to make Emily's experience at their school as normal as possible. What a relief for us!
Avery enjoyed going to the school and checking out the toys and books. I would LOVE to have her go to their playschool, but we just don't have the money. I'm sure she'd have a ball with all the kids. But really, I think once we get our schedule down with Emily, Avery and I are going to get some serious one-on-one time to play and have fun. Poor Avery gets kind of overlooked at times because she is so quiet.
1 comment:
Avery's going to enjoy having your undivided attention and so will you. Take pictures! Smooches!!!
Post a Comment