Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Surreal!

I'm having a sort of surreal moment right now.

Do you ever smell a box of crayons or Play-Doh and instantly be taken right back to childhood? Or perhaps see something that can instantly take you to way-back-when? Like a bicycle with tassels or a hula hoop?

Sometimes that's just surreal to me. That something so simple can bring back memories of the good ol' days. I mean, seriously, I can open a box of crayons, take a big sniff, and almost feel myself back in Kindergarten. Seriously.

But yesterday I saw something that I hadn't seen, or smelled, since childhood!


Emily's teacher sent these home with Emily yesterday. Talk about going back to childhood! I remember perusing over these little Scholastic flyers when I was a kid, wishing for this book or that book, hoping my mom would let me buy something.

And omigosh, they smell exactly the same!!!

2 comments:

Nana said...

Ummmm....did I let you get a book? Please tell me I did, even if you have to lie, I have tears right there, all I need is an excuse to cry and I don't want to, so PLEASE tell me I let you buy a book...sniff...never mind, too late.

Scot & Sherri Bradford said...

I did the same thing Chrissy, I loved these, wanted the books so bad and I know exactly what you are saying...they do have that specific smell! I miss those..Bryten does not bring those home anymore? Do high schoolers not need to read?