Monday, August 23, 2010

Fun Stuff

I wanted to quickly jot down some of the fun things we've had going on...

Emily has a stuffed giraffe named Pony. She put her in a baby doll stroller and rolled her into the room and said, "This is my baby, Pony." She showed me her purse and said, "And this is my purse," and then she dumped everything out of the purse and began telling me what was inside.

"This is an ear thermometer, in case she needs to plug her ear. This is a shot, in case she gets sick. Here is a phone, in case it's an emergency and you need to call. This is a blanket, in case she gets sleepy. This is scissors, in case she gets too much hair. This is a sword, in case she wants to get into a fight. I have to go to the store to get a baby, just like you have. You watch Pony until I get back. Bye! Good luck with that!"

Yesterday I took the girls to McDonald's. They really needed to get out of the house. I think they get tired of looking at me all day long. Both girls love meeting new friends and Emily really enjoys telling her life story to anyone who will listen. I overheard her talking to another kid's parent... "I'm Emily. I have diabetes. There was blood coming out and I had an IV. And I have a cat named Chloe." And then while she was climbing in the play area, I could hear her telling some of the kids that she gets shots in her tummy and her booty. I think it's good for her to talk about her diabetes, but I'm pretty sure her approach needs work.

Lately the girls have been painting with water colors. It's fun for them, not so much fun for me. It's just a mess. A huge, brown, wet mess when it's all over with. But really, their paintings are cute. I have some hung on the refrigerator.
The other day the girls had a fashion show. It was very cute! Emily wore a pink princess dress, a princess tiara, a princess wand, and a princess purse. And Avery wore a ballerina tutu, a black purse, a fairy wand, and princess shoes, which did not match AND they were on the wrong feet (she was going for the "nothing matches" look!). Very sweet and cute!!!

And today, they are playing with their stuffed animals. It's so neat watching the girls play with the animals much like I did when I was little. They make beds for them, wrap them in blankets, and push them around in baby carriages and strollers. AND steal each others animals. Like just now, Avery came screaming in here because Emily stole her platypus. *sigh*

So that's it for now. The girls are screaming at each other, so I need to referee.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Thanks for sharing stories about the girls...I can always get a good laugh from them! Give them smooches from me! I enjoyed my phone "conversation" with Avery. She's such A. Joy!!!