Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Little Emily

Emily loves to play "I Spy". *Last night Emily, Avery and I were sitting in the car while Daddy was in the store and we were playing "I Spy". It went something like this:
Emily: "I spy sommmmmethinnnnng...brown!"
Me: "Is it my hair?"
Emily: "Yes!" In all actuality, it could've be whatever was brown. I could have picked dirt and she would have said I was right.
So then it continues...
Emily: "I spy a blue car!"
Me: *laughing* "Is it...a blue car?"
Emily: "Yes!" She always sounds so amazed that we guess what she has spied.

One time while Emily and I were playing on the bed, I pretended to squish her with my body. She laughed her sweet little laugh and said, "Hey, you squished me like toothpaste!" Love it.

She loves to sing. She sings while watching TV. She sings while bathing, going potty, and she sings to Avery when she gets fussy. Actually, she screams the song to Avery and usually Avery cries louder and then the singing gets louder. Viscious cycle. Anyway, a lot of her songs have no end. Like Itsy Bitsy Spider and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. No end. They go forrreverrr. And as she sings the "verses," the song gets faster and faster. And sometimes the words get mixed up, like this: "Twinkle, twinkle, little star. How I wonder what you are. Hop above the world so high..."
Emily is taking *swimming lessons. She loves it so much! And, quite honestly, she's not that good. I can say that--I'm the mom. But, in her defense, she is one of the smallest in the class. What she lacks in ability she makes up for in enthusiasm and really cute giggles. She won't jump in the pool or put her face in, but when she does try, she giggles and then the instructor begins to giggle, so they're both out there in the water giggling at each other.



*I began this post over a week-and-a-half ago, so it's already outdated...

1 comment:

Arwen said...

Haha she is too cute! When Grandma and I took her to the park by Grandma's house, she started singing her ABC's in the car and it happened just like you said, it got faster and faster and then the letters started getting mixed up, it was too cute, Grandma and I could NOT stop laughing!