Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Delighted


Each day I'm amazed at how lucky I am to have been blessed with this beautiful little girl. She challenges me daily and makes me want to be a better person. Sometimes I don't feel like I deserve her. I am so delighted to be her mom, her teacher, her friend.

The other night as we were getting ready to go to sleep, we went through our little rituals of singing songs and giving kisses. I started a new tradition the other night of kissing my finger and then pressing my finger to her lips; kissing my finger and pressing it to her nose, then eyes, and cheeks. As she was in between awake and asleep, she kissed her finger, touched my lips, grinned a sleepy grin and then drifted off to sleep. Tears came to my eyes and I melted a thousand times. She is simply amazing.

3 comments:

Lora said...

I live for that in-between state. It erases any bit of frustration from the day.

Jason said...

damn tears in my eyes...

sometimes it sucks to be just an uncle... but then again sometimes it is ALL TYPES OF GREAT!!

Anonymous said...

aren't those moments the best!