Thursday, October 04, 2007

St. Augustine

On Tuesday we went to St. Augustine and then on to Kissimee. There is this really old fort in St. Augustine that someone built to fight against some bad guys. I didn't read the signs or anything; I was more interested in getting some cool shots. How lame am I? Anyway, it was really cool.

Here is an outer wall. See the cannons?

Here is a close-up of the wall. It's sand and shells! So COOOL! I'm sure there's other stuff in there, but again, I wasn't paying close attention to the history.

Here are the stairs up to the top. It used to not be stairs, just a ramp to get the cannons up there. (I guess I listened to Bob a little)Here is a big door.
Emily fell and skinned her knee. She didn't cry. And she didn't let it slow her down a bit.
Notice the hair in her eyes and the snot running from her nose. Sheesh, you'd think her mother would take better care of her child.
This is a view from the top.

Stay tuned for photos from more photos from St. Augustine! It'll probably be tomorrow because my eyeballs are tired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily looks like your cousin, Gay Lynn, with her hair in her eyes and snotty nose. I always wanted to cut her hair and wipe her nose...

Emily is a toughy, what's a boo-boo when there's fun to be had?

Tammie said...

The second picture of the wall is really cool.