Saturday, October 27, 2007

Coloring

Emily asked me if she could color today. Well, she doesn't ask, she signs, and it's not a question, it's a statement. How could I say no to this face?
She paused during her coloring to gnaw on a nearby soda carton. She's getting her canines and she's gnawing on anything and everything, including me. "No bites!" means nothing to this kid. It just makes her laugh. And then I laugh. And then she bites me again. I think I'm a bad mom.

So, Emily colored and I took photos. And then I saw her feet. I can't resist her feet! I don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe it's the fact that I know in a couple of years they're going to start stinking and getting ugly. I don't know, but all I do know is right now, they're so cute.
Emily decided to check out what I was doing under the table. I can't slip anything past her. "Just keep coloring! I'm takin' pictures!" Nah, she joined me under the table. It was kinda like a tent, only not as dark, so it was all cool with her.
Then it (I) became boring and she climbed back on her chair to color. And then she climbed on the table. And I snapped pictures. See, I'm a bad mom. I let my kid climb on the table.
But see, I can't resist the feet. They make me smile and make my camera take lots and lots of photos.

"Oooh, wassat?" Her exact words. So she reached and reached...
...and reached. Holy cow, kid. How strong are your toes? Think I should get her into ballet or something?
It was my Sudoku book she was reaching for. And she colored on it. I think I'll keep it forever! I hope she didn't hurt her toes. But don't worry. I gave them lots of kisses.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooooooooooooooooooo sweet. Yea, you maybe are letting her do things you'll regret later on, but, hey, it's so cute! And fun! And you are getting some really, really great pictures...so next time you can tell her no...maybe.

Anonymous said...

those feet pictures are so dang cute...you should do a collage!

Charlotta-love said...

Chrissy, I love your "action" shots. :o)

Terri said...

Very cute feet! I love those photos also! Cohen is into bitting also. Ouch!

Anonymous said...

...Oh my, I laughed out loud! I too love pictures of baby feet - those photos are too cute! I loved every one of them!

...Great blog! :o)

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the feet shots...Love the jeans/feet shot from straight on...great color.