Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Vocabulary

I'd like to say my child says a lot of words. I mean actually says words. But no, not really. But she does sign a lot of words. I think it's cool and I can't wait until she says these words as she signs them. Then I'll be able to tell the difference between "eat" and "drink"!

Here's a list of what she signs:
  • candy
  • banana
  • drink
  • eat
  • candy
  • shoes
  • circle
  • candy
  • gorilla
  • elephant
  • monkey
  • turtle (sorta)
  • candy
  • car
  • bird
  • phone
  • peach
  • colors
  • candy
  • dog
  • hat
  • hair
  • home
  • train (well, not the traditional sign, but she says "toot toot" and pulls the "string")
  • brush teeth
  • book
  • candy
  • Blue's Clues (not an official sign, but we know what it means)
  • bath
  • please
  • more
  • ball
  • done

And did I mention she signs "candy"? She wakes up signing it and goes to bed signing it. *sigh*

And the words she says:

  • diaper (bye-duh)
  • banana (bye-duh)
  • soft (sahhh, in a whispery voice)
  • Blue's Clues! (boo! boo!)
  • daddy
  • momma (sounds exactly like daddy)
  • what's that? (wassat?)
  • shhhh (she puts her finger to her lips and says shhh)
  • bye-bye
  • moo (cow)
  • baa-baa (sheep)
  • quack (kack)
  • buh-gok, buh-gok (chicken)
  • mail (just gets real excited and does a jazz hands thingy like on Blue's Clues)

That's all I can think of right now. It's an impressive list. I didn't think she was saying much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't forget the sentence she says: Candy please!

Anonymous said...

Cute...

and she signs shoes....

Cool

Charlotta-love said...

I had my wisdom teeth out one Christmas when I was home. Let's just say I was IN PAIN. Anyway, I woke up, still had the cotton in my mouth, couldn't talk if I wanted to, and needed some pain medication. So I signed "pill" to my dad.
*Pill
...
*Piiiilll
...
*PILL!!!

my dad doesn't know sign language. lol.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! So, does Emily eat candy when she wakes up and just before bedtime. Cute.