Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Radio Star!

Well, not really. I got a great opportunity to take photos at an AM radio station on Sunday. I was given the phone number of this guy who works for 660AM. One of Kelly's friends who I met the night before at a girls night in recommended me to this guy for this photo shoot (thank you, Paige!). The radio guy, Winston, says he's interviewing the founder of Which Wich and he needs a photographer. I was able to meet Jeff Sinelli and take a quick photo before he had to jet. Then I begin acting like I had never been to a radio station before (which I hadn't) and I started snapping photos of various radio things, like this lit "on the air" sign. It was so cool.
Then I took a photo of a thing with lots of buttons and lights. I have no idea what this is, but it's cool.
Here is Jeff Sinelli (left) with Winston.
I was able to get a few shots of Winston at the mic, too. Fun times!
He wants to use me in the future, which sounds like fun! The station has a recording studio in Lewsville where bands go to record their music, and he said he'd like for me to go out there and take photos of them in action. It's very exciting! Also, it turns out Winston helps people get started in their businesses, so it looks like things are starting to fall into place for my photography business. I didn't get paid, but I will get an ad on the radio and credit for the photos on his website. So, I'm excited. I may even be on his show.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm soooo excited for you! And just think, you weren't going to go to girl's night!!! Winston's pretty hot, too. But don't tell Travis I said that.

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

Winston is very nice looking. He has a great voice, too, but that's probably why he's on the radio!

Charlotta-love said...

Chrissy, yeah! And don't worry, you don't have a face for radio. :o)

Anonymous said...

wow! go you!! how exciting!

Heathermoo said...

The buttons and lights are the soundboard. I'll go around and take pics at our station, so you can see, too! I'll post em on Rachaels board.

Tammie said...

Awesome!