Saturday, December 02, 2006

Live to Blog, Blog to Live

I'm sitting here in the office with Emily this morning. Jason is asleep in the livingroom, so I've brought Emily's toys in here with us and we're hanging out. She started to get hungry and fruit poofs weren't doing the trick, so I made some cereal with apricots (not her favorite apparently) and put a bib on her and proceeded to feed her.

Folks, they invented highchairs for a reason. Feeding a baby while she's standing at her favorite toy table is not the way to go. This toy table makes music and music makes Emily dance. Dancing and eating cereal don't mix. Well, they do mix, right on her face.

So I'm thinking to myself, "Hmm, blog moment." Then she decides she done eating and starts chewing on the arm of Rob's office chair. There was still cereal residue in her mouth and on her face, hence there is cereal residue on Rob's chair. More blog stuff, yay! As I'm thinking how I'm going to blog this moment, I try feeding her more cereal. Hey, her mouth was open, I thought I'd feed it. *sigh*

There is cereal on her chin because she decided to dance. I don't know why. There wasn't any music playing. Must have been music in her head 'cause I didn't hear it. As I'm giggling, scraping cereal off her chin, thinking this is going to be great blog material, Emily hits my hand and cereal ends up on my pajama bottoms. Great. I just washed these. My hand gets in the cereal. I lick it off, and yeah, cereal and apricots aren't my favorite either. So I wipe it on my shirt.

Today Emily decided that spitting is fun. It sounds cool and it makes for easy distribution of cereal on everything in the office. Yep, I live to blog. I have to close this post now because the cereal on my arm is starting to dry up and crack and it's making me itch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha! your posts are so funny, I love it!