Yesterday, Emily and I went to the park. Grandma watched Avery, so it was just me and Em. We were the only ones there for a while. It was nice to be able to watch Emily run around and have fun.
She was having so much fun, that I decided to have fun, too! This is where the saying, "The older you get, the better you were," rings true.
We rode on the turn thingy. I don't know what it's called, but it's metal and it turns and you sit on it and get dizzified. I got dizzy before it got around once. When I was a kid, I could ride that thing for days.
So, instead of riding it, we threw rocks on it and watched the rocks get flung off as it spun around. That was fun! We got dirty and laughed hard.
Then I rested on the park bench and got bit by fire ants. I hate those things!
I tried the monkey bars. Ha! Can't do those things any more. It kills my hands! And I have zero upper body strength. Boy, when I was young, I could zip along the monkey bars like, well, a monkey.
And the swings! Those are still fun. My tummy did sort of flip-flop when I swung really high. My goal was to reach eye level with the bar, and I did. And then I thought about jumping out of the swing. That thought didn't last long. Heck no! I used to love doing that. Not so much now. I did, however, get in the swing on my tummy and flew like Superman. But then when I tried to stop myself, my knees dragged in the rocks and I banged my knee on rock that was stuck in the ground. I thought for sure I had broken my kneecap. Nope. And then I thought for sure I had dislocated my kneecap. No. And then I thought for sure I'd end up with the coolest bruise ever. Eh, no. Today, there is a tiny red dot where that rock hit.
But, I do have several bruises on the other knee that I have no idea where I got them. Figures...
8 comments:
Did Emily have to help you home? Sounds like you had fun!
I love your blog, you should write more often because you have something to say.
Lol, this is funny. Sorry you are getting old too. it really sucks.
Merry go round is what the spinning metal thing is called. Oh and I get bruises all the time I have no clue where they come from.
Glad you had fun though :)
Don't kids give us a exuse to play againt with out beeing looked at wired, gald you had a fun time.
I am so impressed. It sounds like you had such a fun time and memories such as this will be what Emily remembers forever. Glad your kneecap was not broken! Ouch!
Ahhh..age, ain't it grand! What fun you had. I love to read your blog. I just chuckle and get in the best mood. Thanks!
I can't do those dang monkey bars either. ...and I'm going back to school to be a PE teacher.
ahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ahem.
Post a Comment