As each new year begins, I mentally make plans of what I'd like to accomplish in the new year. It's a fresh start, a new beginning, a virtual clean slate just waiting to be filled with great things.
And it seems that each time a new year rolls along, the things I had planned never come to light.
"Broken resolutions." That's what they're called. Sort of like broken promises to yourself. Nothing like breaking promises to yourself to make you feel like a chump.
This year, instead of a resolution (or a promise that's going to get broken in about a month), I'd like to create a theme for the year. My mom has inspired me to do this. She chooses a word for the year and works on things with herself and with relationships with others that go along with this word. This year I'm going to do this (even though I've chosen a word in previous years and then did nothing with it).
And this year I'm telling you about it. I'm telling you because I want to share it with you. I'm telling you because I'm going to be stepping out of my comfort zone a bit and I hope you can have patience with me.
The word (or goal or theme or promise) of 2012 is CONNECT.
I hope I can keep my promise to myself and I hope I can share some of what I'm doing with you!
By the way, if you'll scroll down a bit and look on the right at the blogs of my friends and family, you'll see a blog called Mom's Point of View. I was a guest blogger today! :)
1 comment:
It's amazing what one little word can do!
Post a Comment