My Avery Joy...She is talking so much now. For a while, she was calling her sister "Deh-deh." I'm not sure where she got that, but that's what she calls her. And herself. But now, very recently, she's started calling Emily "Ahm." At first I thought she was saying "arm" but then I realized she was saying "Em." That's usually what we call Emily around the house. "Em! Get in here." "Em! Don't lick the TV!" "EM!!!!" So now she calls her "Ahm." Her dad is "Dads." "Where Dads? Bye-bye? Work."
She doesn't really dig in her poopy diaper so much any more. But if you ask her if she has gone poo, she makes a stinky face and says, "Noooo." And then as I change the poopy diaper, she says, "Is it uck? Is it uck? Is it uck?"
She knows a couple of letters of the alphabet. Mostly the letter O. She'll say, "O" and then keep her mouth in the shape of an O and feel it. Hard to explain, but it's funny. But she's very interested in the alphabet. Emily has an art project on the fridge with her name spelled out with beans, and Avery tries to spell it out. "E, E, O, I, Y." Usually the Y is like "Whyyyy?"
Speaking of why, the other day she asked where her dads was and I said at work and she said, "Why?" I said, "Because we need money." "Why?" "So we can buy stuff." "Why?" and on and on.
Emily and Avery were singing into the box fan the other day. They like the sound of their voices. I'm pretty sure every kid must love speaking into a fan. I remember doing it as a kid. And spitting into it. Not so smart. Anyway...Emily was singing the alphabet into the fan and Avery was trying to sing, too: "E, E, E, B, B, me, me, me, me, me..." Oh, how I love this kid! She is funny!
She likes sounds. She'll hear a sound and hold her hand to her ear and say, "Wassat? Wassat?" Yesterday, I was sitting at the computer and she was close by, being real quiet, I think she was looking at a book, so I rubbed my foot on the base of the desk and it made a..well...farting sound. She said, "Wassat?" I kept doing it to see if she could figure out where the sound was coming from and she said, "Momma!" in a very accusatory manner. It wasn't me, I swear!
Avery LOVES her sister! She loves bugging her, too. It's a sport to her. She will steal her sister's toys, run, giggle and scream, and wait for her sister to come after her. They sometimes play well together. Sometimes. The one time that they really get along is in the bath. Because there's water involved. There is lots of screaming and laughing and splashing and dunking and water always ends up all over the floor and on the walls. Even on the wall opposite of the bathtub. Major splashage! So, now they don't bathe together. It's just safer for me.
My Emily.She is loving preschool! She loves her friends and teachers.
Emily prances everywhere she goes. Everywhere. It's amazing!
Even though she prances, she is NOT graceful. She falls a lot. She has lots of bruises on her legs. She is just plain clumsy. She can trip over a speck of dust, yet there are times she can be walking backwards, talking to me, and looking somewhere else and trip on one of her toys and not fall.
Every day is beautiful to her. Even when she was in the hospital after her diabetes diagnosis, every day was beautiful. IV in arm, hospital gown agape in the back, hair all askew, and it was a beautiful day. And even today after feeling puny and feverish, it was a beautiful day. Amazing!
I think she secretly LOVES her little sister. From day one, she has not been a fan of Avery. She would touch her, but only if you told her to, and she refused to be next to her in a photo. She finally warmed up to her a bit after she started walking. And now that Avery is talking, I think Emily likes her. She loves trying to get Avery to say things, and when Avery will repeat what Emily says, Emily gets very excited! It's so fun to watch them interact. When Avery picks on Emily, I can tell Emily likes it somewhat. There is a twinkle in her eye, even though she's protesting being kicked or spit upon. She'll even giggle as she's tattling on Avery. She likes her.
I love my girls!
1 comment:
Love it! Being a parent can be so hard, but it is sooooooo worth it! Give them smooches and have them draw me a picture for my fridge.
Post a Comment