Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Avery JOY

Avery is seriously a joy. I was truly inspired to give her Joy as her middle name. She makes me smile from the moment she wakes up until...well...for a while, anyway. She can be a toot and she is pretty stubborn, but she's so stinkin' cute that it doesn't really matter. Her dimple erases most of my frustrations.

She is so in LOVE with her sister! She follows her around everywhere. We're already hearing conversations that sound like this: "Stop touching me!" "Don't look at me!" "Mine!" "Aaaah, she's pulling my hair!" "Get away from me!" She tries everything Emily does. And when they do get along (which is few and far between) it's so fun to listen to their giggles mix together. Bathtime is especially fun to listen to! Lots of laughs and splashes...

Avery doesn't say much. She used to say "baby" all the time, but now she just points at stuff and says, "Da-da-dat!" We're pretty sure she's saying "that". I just love how she says it..."dat" has sort of a whispered "tuh" at the end. "Da-da-dattuh!" She doesn't know how to say "drink", but she'll for sure throw her juice cup at you and yell at you until you get the hint. She knows the sign for clock, and she's constantly signing it and saying, "tickatickaticka."

Ice cream is her favorite food, especially chocolate. Get outta the way when ice cream is on the scene. She'll bowl you over!

Oh, and she LOVES wearing shoes! She's the only one in our house that likes to wear shoes. She will dig through the shoes and get hers and try to put them on. She's crazy.

She likes to put things on her head. Not sure why, but she does. Whatever keeps her entertained is awesome in my book. The other day she had pajama bottoms on her head for like twenty minutes. She looked like a nun.

Avery likes to help clean. The other day I was wiping sticky off her hands and she took the wipe and "helped". I'd say, "Scrub, scrub!" and she'd wipe and wipe.

I love how she walks. It's sorta like a penguin.

What is the opposite of OCD? Because I think Avery has it. If anything is in order, she has to un-order it. If it's stacked, she knocks it down. If it's lined up, she messes it up. If it's laying there really quiet and being good (Emily), Avery will poke it and get it riled up.

She loves to dance and wave and clap. She loves music. And she loves making racket music.

Oh, and she has this funny fake laugh! If everyone is laughing at something, she will laugh, too. Cracks me up! She has a fake cry, too, for when it's time to nurse. I love to just watch her face when she fake cries. Cute. Although, it's not really funny at 4am.

I love her feet and her thighs. I love her back fat and her belly fat. I love her chins and cheeks and her mullet. I love her dimple and her multi-colored eyes. I love to call her Toodles and Sunshine.

6 comments:

Nana said...

She is so much fun! When Emily took her toy, she just looked at her, then Emily took her COOKIE! The look on her face was priceless! It was like "how could you?" She turned to me and started to tear up, but Emily gave her back the cookie and she was instantly happy! JOY! Smooches please. Thank you.

Arwen said...

I miss you guys so much! Those kids are growing up too fast with out me ><

Charlotta-love said...

I love that picture of her. :o)

Terri said...

Aww it sounds like she is so much fun!

Jay said...

She IS a cutie! Sweet post!

Kelly said...

So sweet!!!! I love my nieces!