Saturday, January 02, 2010

Hi

I'm having a hard time sitting down to update this blog. Someone always has to pee or they need a drink or something. It's very frustrating.

We had a good Christmas. Emily is just now grasping the concept of Santa Claus. She wasn't too crazy about this strange man coming into our house and leaving stuff for us. You know how you can threat some kids that if they're not good, Santa won't come? Well, Emily was perfectly fine with Santa not coming! So there went that tactic.

But once she saw the stuff under the tree and that Santa ate the cookies she left him, she was pretty cool with the whole thing!

On Christmas morning, Rob and I stood at the side of Emily's bed waiting for her to wake up. She snoozed for a long time! We talked in normal voices and even burped and giggled to try to wake her up! She finally came around and I said, "Emily, Santa ate your cookie!" and she sat up and said, "Oh!" Then the craziness began!
And poor Avery! Daddy woke her up! She was NOT ready for the festivities to begin. I mean, really, it was 8:20! She slept long enough. And we couldn't wait any longer!
Just look at their matching pajamas! I swore that I would never have my kids all matchy-matchy. Pfft.
Avery thought the presents were all great. She didn't care about opening them. But she sure helped play with all the toys! The girls have "shared" their presents with each other all week.
Okay, so now Emily needs food, so that's the end of this post. Enjoy this little update on the girls! I plan on doing more updates this year.
No really! That's my plan!
Probably.

7 comments:

Arwen said...

Too cute!! Love the matching jammies! =D Love you guys!

XOXOXOXO

Yours truly said...

I'd tell you I really enjoyed your update but I'm thirsty and I need to pee.

Nana said...

I am so excited! I just looked at your blog, totally expecting to see nothing new, but I was wrong! Thank you for making my day brighter!!! Cute pictures of cute girls...give them smooches!

Terri said...

Glad to see an update on your family. I have missed reading about the girls.

Charlotta-love said...

I think Avery first picture is fantastic! Her face is like, This had better be good!

Happy New Year!

I have a good life said...

You posted! :)

Love the update. Love the jammies. Love that I have a kid in your class at church. Love it all! :)

Lora said...

you're having a hard time updating, I'm having a hard time reading blogs! I've just about given up on my google reader, it's too overwhelming. I thought maybe you gave up on blogging, but I'm glad you are back!