You know how it is, you're walking along, minding your own business, and then oops, you trip. You may fall, you may not. Mostly you don't fall because your reflexes are like a cat's. Well, most cats. Not my cat because she's really a sloth.
Anyway, usually if you look back at what you tripped over, nothing is there, right? But just in case someone's watching, you point to the spot you tripped over, saying something like, "Oh hey, watch out for that spot. It's a doozie!" or "Did you see that? The sidewalk totally grabbed my shoe!"
Emily trips all the time. Usually over nothing. Sometimes over something, mostly because she's not paying attention to where she's going. But this morning, she tripped over nothing. And it's not like she trips and catches herself, she TRIIIIPS and I swear, each limb hits at a different time: flop, bang, oof, splat, ugh! Poor thing.
"Oops! I took a tumble!"
"Are you okay?" I ask.
"Yeah... I was trying to leap and I took a tumble."
Seriously? A tumble? A leap?
If only she was as good at walking as she is with words.
4 comments:
This is someone I always took to heart. I love the things kids say and just sitting back to realize what a feat that moment is.With Nicole it was wonderful and with the boys its an appreciation. I feel like a grandparent that is just enjoying the marked changes.
Chrissy, I had no idea that you did photography, or that you even blogged! What a fun surprise! I still don't even feel like I know what I'm doing when I use my camera -- it's like learning a whole 'nother language. Your photography is beautiful!
Sounds like Makayla.
What a cute girl. I love the words that come out of three-year-old's mouths. And, I'd still love to set up a "preschool" at some point. We'll have to work it out.
Post a Comment