Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Mouths of Babes

I absolutely love watching my girls' mouths when they're concentrating. Their lips pucker and move and smirk. I could watch their mouths all day long.



I bought Emily a puzzle that helps with spelling. You put the picture together and the letters on each piece spell out what the picture is. Emily LOVES puzzles, so I thought this would be a fun way for her to learn about spelling. She's even learning about lower-case letters, that they're different than upper-case letters, something I hadn't talked to her about yet. Anyway, she'll put the picture together and then spell the word out, "C-A-R! That spells car!" She had the fox picture put together and she spelled it out: "F-O-X! That spells coyote!" I guess the fox looked like a coyote...

4 comments:

Renee said...

Tell her I love coyotes! lol. I like to watch people think too.

I have a good life said...

What a fun learning puzzle. That is great! :) Your girls are so adorable.

Lora said...

I miss you, two weeks+ without a post!

I hope all is well

Missy said...

Hey! I'm glad you found the Ft Worth spot! The ones we took of Ben were actually in Deep Ellum at another splatter painted wall, but I prefer the ones on the legs of the Lancaster Bridge 'cause they're more abstract! We've been wanting to take Ben on the Trinity Train for ages so if you guys ever head over again let us know!