I had my 39 week checkup yesterday and the nurse noticed that my blood pressure was elevated. My doctor said that if my blood pressure was still elevated when I see him on Tuesday that he would induce labor. He said to have my bags packed and in the car just in case!
Then around 9:30 last night I started to feel bad. I was afraid that my blood pressure was high so we had a doctor friend come over and take my blood pressure. It was even higher than this morning. I called the on-call doctor and told him what my blood pressure was and he said to go to the hospital to have it checked out. Rob and I scrambled around and packed our bags (which should have been packed already in the first place!) and drove to the hospital. I went through the ER and my blood pressure was even higher still. I was wheeled to the OB floor and admitted for observation. The nurse assigned to us was extremely nice and made us feel comfortable right away. I was hooked up to monitors to measure my contractions, my blood pressure, and Emily’s heart rate. I had very regular contractions—5-6 minutes apart—for about an hour or two and then they stopped when I got up to use the restroom. The contractions didn’t hurt but I am now dilated to a 1. When I had seen the doctor earlier, I wasn’t dilated at all, so progress…yeah!! Emily’s heart rate was great. The nurse even commented on how great she was doing. The baby moved around the entire time I had the monitors strapped on (she really hates those straps!)
We stayed at the hospital for a couple of hours and my blood pressure came down to a normal level. They sent us home with instructions to go in to the doctor’s office on Friday for a blood pressure check and a re-check of my labs. I feel good this morning—just tired. Not many contractions…at least none to write home about. So, there you have it, my exciting day.
No comments:
Post a Comment