Monday, April 17, 2006

Emily is Here!


Well, we ended up going back up to the hospital on Thursday evening because my blood pressure was high again. They admitted me for observation and monitored my blood pressure. Early Friday morning the doctor came in and told me that my blood work didn't look good and that they were going to induce me. Yikes!

They hooked me up to the Pitocin and then an hour later came in and broke my water. The contractions started getting stronger, but I was able to handle them. Then they hooked me up to Magnesium for my blood pressure. They gave me a bunch of medicine in a short amount of time which caused me to feel sick, tired and very hot. I remember seeing Rob walking around wrapped in a blanket while I laid there sweating. They had me lay on my left side because of my blood pressure, so when my contractions got stronger, I couldn't move around or switch positions. I ended up asking for an epidural, which only worked on half of my body. The anesthesiologist came back in and gave me something else that worked for a little while.

I got to have three coaches with me to help me throughout labor--Rob, Kelly, and Mom. I feel so lucky to have been able to have them there helping me and encouraging me. I'm so proud of Rob--he cut the cord!! He did so great during the whole thing. He didn't gross out or anything! What a trooper.

Emily arrived at 6:01 pm weighing in at 6 pounds, 13 ounces and head full of brown hair. She is beautiful.

No comments: