Friday, March 07, 2008

Snow Adventures!

It snowed yesterday! Big, huge flakes! Emily was very impressed. She kept signing "snow" and making a swooshing sound. She wanted to go outside, but I was reluctant. It was cold, dangit! But then I looked at Emily, looking so sad as she watched out the window at the big flakes falling. So sad, huh? So, we got on our gear and ventured outside. Emily didn't know what to do at first. She just stood there. I had to nudge her to go out the door.

She didn't quite know what to think. She looked back at me as if to say, "Wow, what's going on?"
Then she made some tracks in the snow. I showed her how to make a snowball and eat it. She LOVED eating snow. (In fact, we ate leftover snow today!)I love this photo. She's trying to figure out where the snow is coming from.
I showed her how to catch snow on her tongue.
"Hellooo." Then Daddy came home and I got to go inside and watch from the door. That's how this momma rolls.
The mittens were probably a bit too small, but they kept her fingers warm. But she acted like they made her paralyzed from the elbow down.
Don't you just love her boots?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute!!!!! I wish Evan wasnt sick so I coul have taken him outside! oh well, there's always one day next year in friggen march!..lol

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures...love her coat. I used to catch Michael outside, in the snow...barefooted. He hated shoes, but, really, you just don't do snow barefooted. You need cool boots like Emily's!

Kelly said...

I can't see the pictures. Pooh.

Terri said...

So cute! I just love the snow in her hair.